Monday 9 March 2009

The button workshop.

All set for the button workshop on Saturday. I had great fun pouring all the lovely buttons into the coloured bowls.
I put out some large vintage buttons to be the bases of the button brooches. This was my first button workshop so I had not promoted it too much as I like small groups to start with.
Vintage buttons and beads were put at the end of the table, I put out everything I think people will need, show how to make a few things and get every one inspired and basically let them make whatever they like.  It is very free and easy. Every body said what a lovely relaxing morning they had. It is great that people have the opportunity to test out the techniques with out any of the outlay.
Everyone went home with ideas on how to use up there button stash.
These are some of the hearts that were made. I love the colours of the one above...it makes me want to make more.
I also get lots of inspiration from every one that comes on the workshop.
Chloe came with her Mum Jill and produced two beautiful necklaces .
I am looking forward to the next workshop and really must get on and add the new dates for April and may. Some of the people who have already done two or three have asked whats next! So I need to come up with some new ideas.  It is a great way to spend a Saturday morning and at only £15 I think everyone definitely gets there moneys worth :)

No comments:

Post a Comment