Monday 3 May 2010

Spring Greens

We have had a lovely bank Holiday Monday, doing odd jobs around the house and the garden, me and the boys had nettle soup for lunch, made with nettles, potatoes,onion lovage, rosemary and oregana yum. Tony was not convinced that it would be delicious and stuck to bread and pate.
It was so nice to have lunch together, the boys are rarely around over the weekends now. We all went for a walk around our local woods after lunch.
They all have a bit of a competitive streak..as you can see from the top pic, I was taking a picture of Arthur and Harry, but the others wanted to see if they could jump higher Lol :)

Lots of chatting on the way (inbetween the jumping and climbing).
The colours of spring are fantastic, the vibrant greens of the new leaves against the blue sky..
The fields are full of dandelions and daisys, the wild garlic is all along the hedgerows and ready to flower.
The blue bells are just starting to come out. I will have to go back next week to see how the colours have changed.
How high can Arthur be lifted! and for how long? Harry ran up the hill carrying Arthur building up his muscles ready for the army.





Arthur is so going to miss his big brothers soooo much.
I am desperate to capture every moment of these last few months of us all being together.
More competitions in jumping, Arthur wanted to do it all by himself..and also refused to hold my hand on the walk.




More pictures of the beautiful spring flowers, happy colours :)

I have also been making a lot, inspired by Arthurs beading above where he used everything to hand regardless of shape or colour. I have made some allsorts bracelets, I loved the way the buttons were bunched together, I have not been able up to now to find a use for the shank buttons.
I have also made another scumble cushion, I am trying to get a collection together to get into Galleries. I have added buttons to this one.


I had a great day last Monday taking pictures of the new bracelets for my website, the bracelet above is made using recycled jewellery and wooden beads.
I hope you all had a good Bank holiday weekend. x

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely day ... you obviously all had a great time!!

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. spinningstreak3 May 2010 at 11:49

    What fun! You are so right to grab these moments - really precious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely post!!! certainly looks like you had a great time! I hope Sunday went well. see you soon,

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great pictures of the kids! I love how they're holding your little one up between them.. too precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thankyou for your lovely comments x

    Maria I didn't do Artisan market in the end decided on sat not to pack the bits up, cause the weather forecast was rubbish. Hopefully I will do it next time :) Think I need to find more fairs inside!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I know just how it is with a big brother - our oldest is 16 and youngest is 2 - and they are just so close.
    Beautiful pictures.
    Warm wishes, Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful photos Tamsyn, gorgeous boys! Treasure every moment xxx

    ReplyDelete